Campus Redevelopment Project

Introduction | In the Beginning | The Vision | Join Us | From our Campaign Chair

The 1968 to 1969 student body

In the Beginning

Entire school, 1968-1969

55
YEARS OF EDUCATIONAL SERVICE

OVER 1300
GRADUATES

The Christian School Society of Kitchener and Environment was formed in 1954 by a group of post-war immigrants from the Netherlands who settled in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. The vision that brought them together for a Christian school was realized in September 1967 in the basement of the First Christian Reformed Church of Kitchener on Ottawa Street.

Our Founders worked together to build and open Laurentian Hills Christian School, a three-room school, located in a former corn field at 11 Laurentian Drive in September 1969. Over the school’s 50+ year history, we have realized the additions of many classrooms and a gym, as well as the introduction of new programs such as Kindergarten, music classes and much more.

More importantly, we have proudly graduated 1300+ students (and counting)!
Education may look different today than it did back in 1967, but the heart of Laurentian remains the same. Jesus is Lord over all and that includes education here at LHCS. We want to put Christ at the centre of all that we do here at Laurentian Hills Christian School.

(Adapted from: “A Dream – A Vision” by Richard Dykstra, LHCS 50th Anniversary Celebration, May 2017)

Get Involved
Donate | Email us