At our PD day last week, one of the topics we tackled as a staff was revising our “Graduate Profile” which outlines some of our goals for students at LHCS. Here are a few of the ideas (not a complete list) that may be included; we would love to hear your feedback.
Some focus on academic areas and skills that we share with other schools in Ontario:
- Meets or exceeds all expectations of the Ontario curriculum
- Collaborative worker
- Develop a lifelong love of learning
Some focus on what makes us distinctive at LHCS:
- Growing evidence of the fruit of the Spirit
- Contributes to, not just consumes, culture
- Contributes to the well-being of society with critical thinking, creativity, sense of justice and mercy
- Understands themselves as a child of God
- Develop gifts and talents , equip them to be a responsive disciples of Christ
What are your thoughts? What do you see as goals for our graduates? Post your comments below.